6 strips of uncooked bacon diced
3 large garlic cloves crushed and finely chopped
1 large onion chopped
1.5 cups of quartered brussels sprouts or shredded cabbage
½ cup of finely diced or shredded carrots
1 small zucchini cut into bite size chunks
½ tsp oregano (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups of cold leftover white rice
4 Tbsp soy sauce more or less
Sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
1. In a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat, cook the bacon until it's crispy.
2. Add garlic and cook until light golden brown.
3. Add onions and mix to combine then add veggies, salt, pepper and oregano.
4. Cook veggies to your desired doneness (I like my veggies just cooked through and still firm).
5. Pour eggs right over veggies and stir until cooked through.
6. Add rice and soy sauce stirring often until heated throughout. Garnish with green onions. Serves 4.
Tips: I make this dish with whatever I have at hand so feel free to substitute the carrots, brussels sprouts or zucchini with any of your favorite veggies! You can also substitute the bacon with 1 cup of diced chicken plus 3 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil.