2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small Spanish chorizos remove the casing and roughly chopped (optional)
3 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
1 small Spanish onion diced
2 Roma tomatoes diced
2 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro or parsley
2 15.5 oz cans of Garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
3 cups of chicken broth
1 Tbsp of Cuban Beans Seasoning
1 cup of diced butternut squash (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium size pot over medium heat.
2. Add chorizo and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add tomatoes and continue to cook until the tomatoes are a bit soft.
4. Add cilantro and garbanzo beans and stir to coat. Add chicken broth and Cuban Beans Seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add the butternut squash if using. Bring back to a boil if added.
6. Lower heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until butternut squash is soft.
Serve over rice or just as a soup with some toasted bread 😋
Feeds 4-6 people